The Aqua trainers from Activo-Med come in different variants. The basic model is already a top-notch edition but can be adjusted with special extras, all customizable to ones needs. With all functions added the aqua trainer of Activo-Med is one of the most luxurious aqua trainers in its class. Here below you can read all about the Aqua Trainers of Activo-Med.
For more detailed information, quotation, or an onside appointment you can contact us.
Check out a video of the Aqua Trainer here.
NOTE: the Aqua Trainer cannot be bought online. This is merely an informative page. If you are interested in buying one of these systems please contact us!
The aqua trainer housing is built from stainless steel and accommodates the belt with its driving technology. As part of the basic system, we deliver the user- friendly control unit with separate electric box and an externally mounted engine.
The robust stainless-steel construction in V2A quality, optionally configurable with salt water resistant V4A if required, is manufactured in full compliance with ISO 9001 regulations. We utilize stainless steel only – even for the fittings. The highest safety standards guarantee trouble-free operation as well as minimum risk of injury for horses and handlers. The simple control system, equipped with clear operating elements, permits optimal and efficient training of the horse.
Relaxed but concentrated work is crucial for successful training. The infinitely variable speed control up to 10 km/h (6.2 mph) leaves nothing to be desired for when training your horses. For more intensive training, we also offer the optional of a trotting version with up to 15 km/h (9.3 mph) as well as a hydraulic incline of up to 6°.
Additionally, a chiller unit and/or as UV sterilization can be added as well, for cold and clean water at all times. Furthermore, Macrolon safety glass can be used on both sides to ensure side visibility of the horses’ legs. As well as the option to add safety ramps in the front and end of the aqua trainer for if one would not have a pit in the ground to place the aqua trainer in.
For a stress-free work out, the horses need to feel at ease, which is only possible when they are kept on the lead rope rather than being tied up. This also ensures free movement. Further, the horse should be able to see their surroundings, which is why we purposely kept the front end lower than the back.
Special features of the water treadmill are, amongst others, the internal length giving the horse plenty of space to move freely with long strides. Further, standing on the operator’s platform allows for direct observation of the horse’s movements of the back. There we can see if the horse is moving straight and evenly. This is particularly important in terms of building muscles effectively, as well as ensuring the horse’s progress is moving in the desired direction. Walking freely without restricting poles at front and rear promotes coordination and gentle build-up of muscles, whilst the generously padded doors ensure safe keeping of your horse.
Low maintenance requirements and inexpensive running costs of the machine guarantee a return on investment after a short period of time. Regular cleaning and maintenance of the system is straightforward and effortless. The easily accessible maintenance openings on either side of the machine allow cleaning underneath the treadmill, ensuring the longevity of the system.
- The water treadmill has an internal length of 420 cm (13 ft 9.354 in) and width of 96 cm (3 ft 1.795 in) – these are optimal dimensions for training in a relaxed and extended posture.
- V2A stainless steel construction for sweet water
- The belt is not bevelled on the sides, therefore not posing any risk for injury during training.
- Two wide doors for leading the horses in and out of the treadmill ensure a high degree of safety. Both doors can be opened and closed conveniently, quickly and safely with our one hand operating levers.
- The end-to-end operator platform with mobile control unit ensures safe guidance and observation of the horse.
- The water level and speed can be individually adjusted during operation.
- Complete system made from salt water resistant stainless steel (V4A) for a salt water option.
- 2x extra side windows made from Macrolon safety glass
- Ramps on either side if build on level ground
- Filtration supplied with drum rather than screen filter
- UV Sterilization unit
- Treadmill supplied as trotting version up to 15 km/h
- Hydraulic incline function, up to 6°
- Chiller unit, up to +4°C
- Additional SPA functions in the Aqua trainer
- An additional full SPA module next to the Aqua trainer
8 reasons why to buy a treadmill from Activo-Med
- Front and rear doors
- Even belt without slanting on the sides, ensuring safe footing at all times
- No bars or chains restricting the horse’s movements during training
- Longer than others, ensuring a great range of movement, long strides and stretching are possible
- Two days induction from a FEI vet and rehab specialist, who provides training and therapy schedules too
- Used with fresh or salt water
- Can be purchased with an incline function, Macrolon glass, Chiller unit, Trotting version, and additional SPA functions.
- The Aqua Trainer can be supplied with full filtration (sterilization)– ensuring continuous work is possible
For more detailed information, a quotation, or an onside appointment you can contact us at any time. We will reply to your request as soon as possible!
NOTE: the Aqua Trainer and SPA cannot be bought online. If you are interested in buying one of these systems please contact us!